Audio By Carbonatix
On deadline day for the picking of forms for the flagbearership race of the opposition National Democratic Congress, one aspirant Kojo Bonsu has opted out.
In a statement, Mr Bonsu said the decision to opt out of the race is as a result of “considerable deliberation and reflection.”
He had been one of eight candidates who petitioned the Council of Elders of the party about the high cost of nomination and filing fees.
Their petition was considered and the nomination and filing fees of ¢420,000 was slashed by a ¢100,000.
But that appears not to have empowered Mr Bonsu to go ahead to pick a form despite declaring his intentions to contest.
In his statement announcing his decision not to contest Mr Bonsu said:
“I would like to thank the Council of Elders for their prompt response to our petition regarding the flagbearership election.”
It is with deep regret that after considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided to end my campaign for the flagbearership of the NDC today.
Attached is the full statement
PRESS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
I would like to thank the Council of Elders for their prompt response to our petition regarding the NDC flagbearership election.
It is with deep regret that after considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided to end my campaign for the flagbearership of the NDC today.
However, my boundless optimism for the long-term future of the NDC and Ghana at large remains steadfast. The fight is far from over, I am not ending the fight for unity and accountability and I am not ending the fight for victory for the NDC.
As a dedicated member of the NDC, I look forward to working with the Party and the elected Flagbearer to advance issues of importance to our beloved country.
I will use this opportunity wish all the aspirants the best of luck, and I urge them to unite after the election and work together with the eventual winner, because without unity we cannot defeat the NPP come 2020.
Lastly, I want to express my sincere thanks to my advisers, campaign team, friends, volunteers and loyal supporters who generously contributed their time
and effort to our campaign; I am honoured and humbled that you placed your trust in me.
God bless NDC
God bless our Homeland Ghana
Kojo Bonsu Contact Spokesperson for the Kojo Bonsu 2020 campaign: Mohammed Alhassan
Phone: 024 357 7000
Email: mohalhassan28@gmail.com
Latest Stories
-
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
3 minutes -
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
10 minutes -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
32 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
34 minutes -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
53 minutes -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
3 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
3 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
3 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
3 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
4 hours -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
4 hours -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
4 hours