Audio By Carbonatix
Starsport understands boss Andre Villas-Boas now fears the lure of Real Madrid, and a world record bid above £80m, means the Londoners may have already seen the last of Bale in a Spurs shirt.
He is determined to get the Welsh winger's future sorted as soon as possible so Tottenham's season isn't wrecked by another transfer saga.
Spurs have stood firm during Real's intense and public pursuit of their star man.
They now look set to reluctantly cave in – but only once Bale makes it clear he wants to go.
And then chairman Daniel Levy will make it his mission to get as much out of Madrid as possible.
The Spanish giants are prepared to smash the £80m world transfer record to land brilliant Welshman Bale, who cost £10m when signed from Southampton in May 2007.
But they could also try and tempt Spurs with a cash plus players offer.
Villas-Boas is so determined to get the matter resolved he instigated talks with Bale while they were in Hong Kong last week.
And he is understood to have ended them convinced that Bale’s head has now been turned by Madrid’s interest.
Intriguingly, Tottenham’s stance on Bale has also changed. Villas-Boas previously insisted that the winger is not for sale and was in talks over a new deal.
But after the final friendly in the Far East, Villas-Boas refused to answer any questions on the transfer saga.
Starsport understands the White Hart Lane outfit are now considering breaking their silence and making a public comment about Bale’s future.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
14 minutes -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
26 minutes -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
35 minutes -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
36 minutes -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
54 minutes -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
59 minutes -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
1 hour -
Alima Mahama Refund: Jinapor challenges Ablakwa’s authority, says only Auditor-General can surcharge
1 hour -
Wontumi Conviction: 2 star witnesses placed under police protection amid death threats
1 hour -
Srem-Sai reveals surge in death threats after Wontumi conviction
2 hours -
GCB, Ecobank, 4 others are top tier banks in Ghana – PwC Banking Survey
2 hours -
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, August 18, 2026
3 hours -
Banks’ sustainable success will be defined less by interest margins – PwC
3 hours -
CJ Baffor-Bonnie was part of ‘grand conspiracy to remove Torkornoo – Afenyo-Markin alleges
4 hours -
The GIPA Act: Resetting Ghana’s investment framework
4 hours