Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is likely to be sidelined for a month with a groin injury, manager Manuel Pellegrini has said.
The influential defender limped off during the second half of City's season-opening Premier League win over Newcastle on Monday.
The 27-year-old will miss City's next two matches against Cardiff and Hull and is also likely to be unavailable for Belgium's World Cup qualifiers in September.
Pellegrini said: "I prefer the doctor to say the last word, but I think (he will be out for) at least one month. The doctor can give more information."
Kompany's absence leaves Pellegrini hoping fellow central Matija Nastasic, who suffered an ankle injury last month, will be fit to return at Cardiff.
Nastasic was expected to miss the first month of the season but returned to training this week.
Pellegrini said: "We will see. Nastasic is working normally with the squad and we will see if he starts."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Man, 20, drowns while helping travellers cross Ghana-Togo border river
2 minutes -
Top 10 online bill payment platforms in Nigeria
7 minutes -
Fire destroys more than 27 wooden structures at Spintex Coastal junction
10 minutes -
GoldBod: Day of reckoning will come – Afenyo-Markin
12 minutes -
In Photos: Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
23 minutes -
CSA fines EY Ghana GH¢360,000 for providing cybersecurity services without a licence
31 minutes -
Bonsu Baah scores and assists in Al Qadsiah big win in Saudi King’s Cup
31 minutes -
The Galamsey war and GWL’s fictitious and inaccurate rebuttal
44 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin demands answers over alleged GH¢22bn GoldBod loss
45 minutes -
GoldBod ‘Losses’: We’re not ignorant, we know our job – Afenyo-Markin
48 minutes -
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
59 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
1 hour -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
1 hour -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
1 hour -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
1 hour