Audio By Carbonatix
Jose Mourinho believes Manchester United manager David Moyes is to blame for the saga surrounding star forward Wayne Rooney.
Mourinho, speaking ahead of Chelsea’s clash with United on Monday, responded to questions about getting a fiery reception at Old Trafford because of his Rooney interest by putting the heat on Moyes.
"They are against me?" Mourinho is quoted as saying in the Telegraph. "But I didn't say [to Rooney] you will be a second-choice for me. And they are against me?
"We are trying to get a player that a manager told 'You will be a second option' for him. We are not going for [Robin] van Persie.
"They don't have to be against me. If I say Ramires is a second option for me and he plays when Lampard is tired or injured, if someone comes here to get Ramires, nobody is upset
When asked if Moyes was to blame for the ongoing transfer speculation around Rooney, Mourinho said: "Of course."
The Blues boss, though, did attempt to smooth over his abrasive comments as he prepares to face an early Premier League title test at United.
"In every big team, I am not criticising, you have first options and second options, and those second options must be very good players," he said. "Of course big teams must have second choices. Big players too. The point is if the players are happy to accept that situation.
"It means they have a fantastic squad. Fantastic. I was playing against them last year. He [Rooney] was on the bench and he [Ferguson] was playing Van Persie, [Danny] Welbeck, [Shinji] Kagawa. The squad is amazing. So it is natural that some players have to be second-choice."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Man, 20, drowns while helping travellers cross Ghana-Togo border river
2 minutes -
Top 10 online bill payment platforms in Nigeria
7 minutes -
Fire destroys more than 27 wooden structures at Spintex Coastal junction
10 minutes -
GoldBod: Day of reckoning will come – Afenyo-Markin
12 minutes -
In Photos: Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
23 minutes -
CSA fines EY Ghana GH¢360,000 for providing cybersecurity services without a licence
31 minutes -
Bonsu Baah scores and assists in Al Qadsiah big win in Saudi King’s Cup
31 minutes -
The Galamsey war and GWL’s fictitious and inaccurate rebuttal
44 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin demands answers over alleged GH¢22bn GoldBod loss
45 minutes -
GoldBod ‘Losses’: We’re not ignorant, we know our job – Afenyo-Markin
48 minutes -
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
59 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
1 hour -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
1 hour -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
1 hour -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
1 hour