Audio By Carbonatix
Chief Executive Officer of Travel Matters, Ivan Cudjoe has exposed the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MOYS) by insisting to the Commission of Inquiry that they never signed any contract or formed any consortium with the Sports Ministry to airlift Ghanaian supporters to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.
If anything, it was only by word of mouth, Cudjoe told the Presidential Commission investigating Ghana'a embarrassing outing at the 2014 World Cup.
Former Sports Minister Elvis Afriyie Ankrah and Project Coordinator for the 2014 World Cup, Fred Darko had earlier told the World Cup Commission they the agents had signed a contract to form a consortium to undertake the task of flying the fans to Brazil.
Travel Matters were said to have led the consortium but Cudjoe shockingly revealed everything was said to have been done verbally.
According to him, he planned to carry only clients to Brazil but was approached by the other two appointed travel agencies Kenpong and African Origin to absorb their quota of fans.
This was what led to the formation of the consortium according to Afriyie Ankrah and Fred Darko.
But Ivan Cudjoe in a sharp rebuttal said no consortium was formed and all dealings were done verbally at every point in time during the preparations towards the 2014 World Cup.
“There was no consortium formed,” he told the Commission on Monday. None whatsoever in all our deliberations because everything was done verbally
“We met with the Chief of Staff – with the other travel and tour operators- and he asked us to go and do a good job without signing any official document.”
This revelation was to the surprise of Justice Senyo Dzamefe who then screamed Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!! before the audience.
Latest Stories
-
Man, 20, drowns while helping travellers cross Ghana-Togo border river
3 minutes -
Top 10 online bill payment platforms in Nigeria
8 minutes -
Fire destroys more than 27 wooden structures at Spintex Coastal junction
11 minutes -
GoldBod: Day of reckoning will come – Afenyo-Markin
14 minutes -
In Photos: Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
24 minutes -
CSA fines EY Ghana GH¢360,000 for providing cybersecurity services without a licence
32 minutes -
Bonsu Baah scores and assists in Al Qadsiah big win in Saudi King’s Cup
32 minutes -
The Galamsey war and GWL’s fictitious and inaccurate rebuttal
45 minutes -
Afenyo-Markin demands answers over alleged GH¢22bn GoldBod loss
46 minutes -
GoldBod ‘Losses’: We’re not ignorant, we know our job – Afenyo-Markin
49 minutes -
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
1 hour -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
1 hour -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
1 hour -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
1 hour -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
1 hour