Audio By Carbonatix
Communications Director of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Nana Akomea as laughed off allegations that the party’s 2016 flagbearer, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo had been poisoned.
He said the allegations are laughable and that it was totally unbelievable that a newspaper will report such untruth.
Speaking Tuesday on Adom FM’s ‘Dwaso Nsem’, the communications director said the flagbearer had travelled to the United Kingdom over the festive period to celebrate the birth of his granddaughter and is due to return to Ghana within the week.
The Al-Hajj newspaper in its Tuesday January 6, 2015 publication, reported that information reaching the paper indicated that “associates of Nana Akufo-Addo are suspecting he has been poisoned".
"Sources in the UK where Nana Akufo-Addo underwent medical review, have disclosed to this paper that though his doctors are attributing his health condition to advancing age, the NPP 2016 flagbearer’s handlers are said to be speculating among themselves that Nana Akufo-Addo’s opponents within the party have succeeded in doing him in, so as to pave way for them to succeed him as the flagbearer of the main opposition party”, it continued.
The paper also alleged that Nana Akufo-Addo had collapsed shortly after delivering the second Aliu Mahama lectures and that even though he wanted to return to Ghana to celebrate the new year, his doctors prevented him from doing so in order to receive medical attention.
But Nana Akomea said the story was untrue and that the paper is not one that should be taken serious.
He insisted that the flagbearer was is not sick and will soon return to Ghana and will let the people of Ghana know if there is anything wrong with him.
Listen To Audio (In Local Language)
Latest Stories
-
DTI students showcase innovative solutions at 2026 Capstone Projects Exhibition
11 minutes -
‘We let the athletes down’ – NSA boss on Ghana’s Commonwealth Games campaign
19 minutes -
Jinapor prioritises exploration, investment to reverse Ghana’s oil production decline
22 minutes -
Eric Tinkler highlights deep-rooted challenges at Asante Kotoko, admits club is aware
24 minutes -
Next 15 years of Petroleum Commission must focus on transformation – John Jinapor
25 minutes -
Bank of Ghana’s negative equity should not come as a surprise – Minority
27 minutes -
US$3.5bn fresh investment shows renewed confidence in Ghana’s oil sector – Jinapor
28 minutes -
Another centenary in Keta: Vodza RC School
46 minutes -
GES engages teacher unions over concerns about 2025 promotion dates
52 minutes -
Ghana must move from participation to ownership in petroleum sector – Jinapor
1 hour -
Government moves to restore investor confidence as Ghana seeks to revive oil production
1 hour -
Kingsley Agyemang calls for legally protected fund to tackle Africa’s flood risk
1 hour -
Andre Ayew Backs Grassroots Sports as Ghana-Anhui Chamber Donates 2,120 Items for Constituency Games
1 hour -
Hostel Owners Association accuse Rent Control of threats, unfair treatment to operators
1 hour -
NSA opens special desk to resolve Ghana Card, school biodata mismatches
1 hour