Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana Football Association (GFA) has entered an appearance at the Accra High Court following media reports that a bailiff attempted to serve them a writ of summons from the Court last week Friday.
Naa Odofoley Nortey appeared in court Monday, August 31, on behalf of the Association despite not receiving the writ of summons.
According to her, she anticipated the Plaintiff, Techiman City Football Club, through its lawyer, Kwame Boye Adjekumhene, would apply for an ex parte motion to halt the Congress, hence, her reason for appearing court uninvited.
She pleaded for an opportunity to speak when the judge questioned her presence, but it was granted by the Judge of the Criminal Court 4, Justice Emmanuel Kwasi Mensah.
Following her confirmation to the court that the GFA has officially entered an appearance over the application to restrain them from organising the upcoming Congress described as 'illegal' by the Plaintiff.
The Judge advised the Plaintiff to withdraw the ex parte motion and return on notice because the football association is aware of the service, 'technically'.
This led to drama outside the court when Naa Odofoley reportedly said she would advice the football governing body to proceed to Congress on September 1, as planned because the court has no jurisdiction.
Boye Adjekumhene told her, the FA would be in contempt of court should they carry on with their plans.
He told representatives of the plaintiff once they have notice of the writ, it is assumed that they cannot hold Congress else they will be in contempt of court.
However, there is an argument that the judge advised the plaintiff to return on notice, but that has not been done, leaving members perplexed about the posibility of Congress tomorrow.
It is unclear if Naa Odofoley has advised the GFA to proceed to organise on Tuesday.
Latest Stories
-
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
5 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
29 minutes -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
39 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
2 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
3 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
3 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
4 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
5 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
5 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
5 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
5 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
5 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
5 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
5 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
7 hours