Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission (EC) of Ghana has assured the public that all discrepancies in the 2024 Provisional Voter Register have been fully addressed.
After a comprehensive review lasting two weeks, the EC confirmed that any anomalies detected in the register have been corrected, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the electoral roll.
This move comes in response to concerns raised by the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), which had called for a forensic audit of the register.
The NDC expressed doubts about the accuracy of the initial provisional voter register and requested further verification to ensure a credible electoral process.
During the Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) meeting on Tuesday, October 15, 2024, at the Alisa Hotel in Accra, EC Chairperson Jean Mensa addressed the issue in a live broadcast.
She emphasised the Commission's commitment to maintaining public trust in the electoral process and assured stakeholders that the errors had been resolved.
Jean Mensa reaffirmed the EC's dedication to transparency, fairness, and integrity in conducting Ghana's elections.
She noted that the Commission worked diligently to rectify any issues, reinforcing its commitment to delivering a credible and reliable electoral register.
The EC Chairperson concluded by assuring voters that the necessary corrections had been made, guaranteeing an accurate voter register for the upcoming 2024 general elections.
The Commission remains committed to safeguarding the credibility of the electoral process.
“Over the last two weeks, we have spent our energies to clean the voter register and to ensure that the information presented is accurate. Simply put, we have worked to ensure that every applicant who registered in 2023/2024 is on the voter register."
“We are confident that the revised Provisional Voter Register that we present starting today is a marked departure from the register we presented during the exhibition exercise."
“Largely, all discrepancies identified to date have been fixed, as we promised, during our last meeting starting today, October 15, to October 19, all registered voters will have a second opportunity to review their details online and report anything they find in our district offices," she stated.
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
8 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
9 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
17 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
19 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
30 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
32 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
44 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
52 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
54 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
54 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
55 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
58 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour