Audio By Carbonatix
Officials from the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) and National Security are working to clear the rubble of the China City Mall in Kumasi after a massive fire gutted the facility.
The mall, located at Santasi and opened just six months ago, was consumed by the blaze on Thursday afternoon, destroying goods worth millions of dollars.

Owners of the mall, visibly distraught, could only watch as their investment went up in flames.
“I was returning from class when I saw smoke coming from the back of the mall. We rushed to the scene and called the firefighters, who said they were on their way,” an eyewitness recounted.
At least four fire tenders responded to the scene. Despite their efforts, the fire engulfed the entire building, which housed shops selling electronics, home accessories, and groceries.
The cause of the fire remains unknown as firefighters continue their investigations.

Kumasi Mayor Richard Ofori Agyemang Boadi and Regional Fire Commander ACFO Peter Tettey were at the scene to assess the damage.
- slot pulsa 5000
- slot deposit pulsa
- slot deposit 5000
- https://randspallets.com.au/contact/
- https://intersmart.ae/web-development/
- https://cvworld.in/seo-services/
- https://www.silversea-media.my/about-us/
- https://www.ausfitprojects.com.au/testimonials/
- https://albarakatrust.org.uk/water-donation-for-balochistan/
- https://astrologerparduman.com/blogs/
- https://gluesys.com/
“We can’t enter because the building may collapse soon. They were on break when the fire started. Highly combustible items and the building’s own flammable materials caused the fire to spread quickly,” the Regional Fire Commander explained.
The Mayor added, “We have called for DRIP machines to help bring in more water and assist with pulling down the structure.”

It took firefighters several hours to completely douse the flames, with pockets of fire still visible within the ruins.
No casualties were reported.
The mall had become a popular shopping destination for residents of Kumasi and nearby communities. Excavators are expected to move in to demolish the structure in the coming days, clearing the way for possible redevelopment.
Latest Stories
-
Dr Abena Nyarkoa to join panel discussion at Africa Together Conference in Cambridge
4 hours -
Walmart warns US shoppers are cutting spending as higher petrol prices bite
5 hours -
Flexible exchange rate regime critical in absorbing external shocks – First Deputy Governor
5 hours -
Toilets and changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, guidance confirms
5 hours -
Emily in Paris to end after sixth season, says Netflix
5 hours -
Angry crowd sets Ebola hospital tents on fire in DR Congo
5 hours -
Russia and China condemn US over indictment of former Cuban leader
5 hours -
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
5 hours -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
5 hours -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
6 hours -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
6 hours -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
6 hours -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
7 hours -
This week on The Career Trail
7 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
7 hours