Audio By Carbonatix
Oti Regional Minister John Kwadwo Gyapong says six people have been killed in the local attacks in Nkwanta South, where assailants are reportedly hiding in bushes and targeting residents.
Speaking on AM Show on Friday, March 27, Mr Gyapong says his investigations reveal that the attackers are ambushing victims in farms and bush areas, heightening fear among residents.
He cited a recent incident in which a young boy, who had taken his father’s cattle out for grazing, was found dead in the bush.
According to him, the pattern of the killings suggests a deliberate attempt by some groups to assert control over the land and prevent others from accessing it.
He disclosed that as of Monday, six people had been killed, including three children.
The violence, he noted, has largely occurred in farms and remote areas, pointing to a calculated effort to intimidate residents and reinforce claims over the land.
Mr Gyapong described the situation as deeply concerning and called for urgent action to restore calm in the area.
Latest Stories
-
Prince-Osei Owusu nominated for MLS All-Star Game after Montreal Player of the Month award
1 hour -
AFCON U-17: Black Starlets beat South Africa 3-1 but await CAF draw of lots to determine fate
2 hours -
ORAL delivering results, more cases ahead – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
4 hours -
SpaceX files for IPO that could make Elon Musk a trillionaire
4 hours -
Spain midfielder Fermin Lopez ruled out of World Cup
4 hours -
Major-minor nations split in World Cup qualifying
4 hours -
Players to cut short French Open interviews in pay row
4 hours -
NATARAJ Art competition inspires young creativity in Ghana
5 hours -
Empty rooms and FIFA cancellations – US hotels fear World Cup washout
5 hours -
Prince William celebrates ‘amazing night’ as Villa fans party
5 hours -
Ebola vaccine could take nine months as death toll rises further, WHO warns
5 hours -
Money can be traced in GIIF ‘Sky Train’ case – Kow Essuman fires back at Deputy AG
5 hours -
25/26 UEFA Europa League: Unai Emery leads Aston Villa to first European trophy in 44 years
5 hours -
Southampton lose appeal against play-off expulsion
5 hours -
SkySat Technologies, Konica Minolta launch VIP Experience in Accra
5 hours