Audio By Carbonatix
Reports that England defender Ashley Cole accidentally shot a man at Chelsea's training ground in Surrey are to be investigated, police have said.
The News of the World reported that a 21-year-old man had been hit by a lead pellet fired from an air rifle.
Chelsea issued a statement saying the matter had been investigated and "appropriate action" is being taken.
Surrey Police said no allegation had been made but they will contact the club to see if an offence had occurred.
According to reports, Tom Cowan - a sports sciences student who is on a work placement with Chelsea - was treated by the club's medical staff at the training facility in Cobham and did not require hospital treatment.
A spokesman for Surrey Police said: "We can confirm that while no direct allegation has been made.
"The matter has been brought to our attention through reports in the media and we will be contacting the club in due course to establish whether any criminal offence has been committed."
The statement from the club said: "We have fully investigated the incident and we are taking appropriate action.
"We will not be commenting further as it is an internal matter."
Cole, 30, recently became the most capped full-back in English history and was named the England squad's player of the year in 2010.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
India and Africa: Relations beyond rhetorics
2 minutes -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
2 minutes -
‘I’m not against enforcing the law’ – Archbishop Duncan-Williams defends call for prayer against galamsey, gold smuggling
7 minutes -
Tantalus or Triumph? Ghana and the Harvest of Economic Recovery
15 minutes -
Ghanaians have no idea how much foreigners make from galamsey – Archbishop Duncan-Williams
37 minutes -
Today’s front pages: Monday, August 17, 2026
39 minutes -
‘If you want to imprison me over my friendship with Bawumia, go ahead’ – Rev. Kusi Boateng
58 minutes -
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
3 hours -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
3 hours -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
3 hours -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
3 hours -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
3 hours -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
3 hours -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
3 hours -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
4 hours