Audio By Carbonatix
President John Mahama has conceded defeat to the flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party after a high staked 2016 election held Wednesday Joy News has learnt..
The president is reported to have called Nana Akufo-Addo Friday evening Eugene Arhin, aide to Nana Akufo-Addo confirmed to Joy News' Elton John Brobbey.
The conversation was short, albeit fruitful, John Brobbey reported Arhin as saying. Officials of the NDC are however yet to confirm the call.

It comes at a time when the whole country is desperately waiting for a final declaration by the chair of Electoral Commission Charlotte Osei as to who won the 2016 election.
There was tension hours after polls closed at 5:00pm Wednesday with the two leading political parties claiming to have won the elections.
The Electoral Commission, the institution mandated to announce the certified results had been quiet for hours. When the opportunity came the chair of the Commission said she had not been able to certify any of the results.
She said agents of the political parties had failed to sign the figures coming through the various collation centres.
With no certified results from the EC except, the claims and counter claims by the two leading political parties, the tension became even more palpable.
There were calls from well meaning people to the president to concede defeat. Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan in a statement on his facebook page implored losers of the election to concede and applauded the five other presidential aspirants for conceding.
But the Deputy Power Minister John Jinapor Friday evening said the NDC still had the chance of winning the election and it may well be that Nana Addo may well be the one calling the president to concede.
Friday evening however there was a concession. It came from the president, to the president elect Nana Akufo-Addo.

Former Minister of state under the Kufuor administration Kwamena Bartels said the call lasted for about five minutes in which the president assured Nana Akufo-Addo of his support when needed.
Joy News' presidential correspondent Seth Kwame Boateng also confirmed reports the president indeed placed in the call of concession to Nana Akufo-Addo.
The country is now waiting for the Electoral Commission to announce the results.
Latest Stories
-
Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road
5 minutes -
Freda Kingful Abraham Cudjoe: The visionary founder building a creative legacy through Impakers Creative Hub
8 minutes -
Tanker drivers suspend strike after BOST commits to fix Kumasi depot challenges
11 minutes -
Photos: Stonebwoy’s BHIM Festival at OVO Arena Wembley, London
19 minutes -
BoG identifies $4.8bn annual SME financing gap, pushes digital data-driven lending
33 minutes -
Labone bank robbery suspect remanded
37 minutes -
NTC launches 2026 Ghana Teacher Prize to celebrate outstanding educators
38 minutes -
Hanan Abdul-Hamid cannot be forced to face trial without lawyer — Dame
47 minutes -
MTTD to make Accra model city for safe riding – ACP Dr Samuel Sasu Mensah
47 minutes -
NPP Upper West eyes 2028 comeback; dismisses vote-buying allegations in regional executive elections
53 minutes -
Minaata Moomin defeats Nancy Dery in NPP Upper West Regional Women’s Organiser election
55 minutes -
Constituency Games will take Mahama’s ‘Reset Ghana sports agenda’ to every community – Samson Deen
55 minutes -
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov praises Kwame Nkrumah’s legacy during meeting with Ablakwa
56 minutes -
Bleoo 2G alumni hand over Beatrice Lokko Memorial Eco Park
59 minutes -
‘I will not be available’ – Godfred Dame rejects vacation hearing in Hanan trial
1 hour