Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission has made a u-turn with a denial that its systems were hacked during the critical period of election results transmission.
Deputy Director of Communication Yusif Ayuba said while the systems suffered some breakdown it could not have been hacked into.
He was speaking to Joy News, Monday, days after the EC chair Charlotte Osei declared opposition leader Nana Akufo-Addo as president elect.
Before her declaration though, the country was left on tenterhooks as the EC went completely silent 12 hours after elections with no confirmed or provisional results.
Even when the two leading political parties were claiming victories from results of the same election, the EC was still quiet.
It was the NDC that first issued a statement claiming to be in a commanding lead and assured its supporters to remain calm.
The NPP reacted with a press conference claiming to be victors and asking the incumbent president to concede.
The NDC returned with another press conference berating the NPP for daring to ask the president to concede.
Hours after that tensed drama from the political parties, the EC chair Charlotte Osei broke her silence, not with figures from the elections but with an excuse that their systems had been compromised for which reason she could not continue with the electronic transmission of the results.
She did not explain what may have caused the compromise, except to add, they would rather rely on the manual process of results transmission.

However, the same Commission on its twitter page condemned what it said were attempted attack on the EC website.
The tweet formed the basis for many stories to be done by local and international websites.
Days after the dust has settled on the elections the Deputy Communications director said there was no attempted hack of the EC website.
"We had challenges in transmission. I wouldn't say it was a hacking. I don't think it was an official statement from the EC that our systems had been hacked," he said.
Latest Stories
-
Berekuso chief appeals to Mahama over deplorable Katesi-Berekuso-Dome-Kwabenya road
4 minutes -
Freda Kingful Abraham Cudjoe: The visionary founder building a creative legacy through Impakers Creative Hub
8 minutes -
Tanker drivers suspend strike after BOST commits to fix Kumasi depot challenges
11 minutes -
Photos: Stonebwoy’s BHIM Festival at OVO Arena Wembley, London
19 minutes -
BoG identifies $4.8bn annual SME financing gap, pushes digital data-driven lending
33 minutes -
Labone bank robbery suspect remanded
37 minutes -
NTC launches 2026 Ghana Teacher Prize to celebrate outstanding educators
38 minutes -
Hanan Abdul-Hamid cannot be forced to face trial without lawyer — Dame
47 minutes -
MTTD to make Accra model city for safe riding – ACP Dr Samuel Sasu Mensah
47 minutes -
NPP Upper West eyes 2028 comeback; dismisses vote-buying allegations in regional executive elections
53 minutes -
Minaata Moomin defeats Nancy Dery in NPP Upper West Regional Women’s Organiser election
55 minutes -
Constituency Games will take Mahama’s ‘Reset Ghana sports agenda’ to every community – Samson Deen
55 minutes -
Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov praises Kwame Nkrumah’s legacy during meeting with Ablakwa
56 minutes -
Bleoo 2G alumni hand over Beatrice Lokko Memorial Eco Park
59 minutes -
‘I will not be available’ – Godfred Dame rejects vacation hearing in Hanan trial
1 hour