Audio By Carbonatix
Sion sporting director Marco Degennaro has confirmed the club are on the verge of signing former AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso.
Italian sources had claimed earlier on Thursday the 34-year-old was close to joining Galatasaray on a one-year deal worth 1.5 million euros.
However, Gattuso has made a U-turn on his decision and is close to joining Sion on a reported two-year deal which will keep him at the Swiss side until 2014.
"We moved well, tomorrow (Friday) we will have the final meeting," Degennaro told Radio Mana Mana. "Everything is in place to complete the deal.
"Sion's project will be built around Gattuso. He immediately got on well with the president."
It is believed the Swiss side, who finished ninth in the domestic league this season, will hold a press conference on Friday to announce the signing.
Last month, Degennaro revealed Sion were interested in Alessandro Del Piero, who is on the lookout for a new club as his Juventus contract will run out at the end of the month.
"Del Piero? We would like to sign him, but let's keep our feet on the ground," Degennaro said.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Afro-Arab Drive Green expands EV fleet to boost jobs through energy transition
2 minutes -
Sunyani Paramount Chief warns chiefs against cemetery land sales and encroachment
2 minutes -
Trump envoy Kushner arrives in Israel after rare Hamas talks on Gaza peace plan
3 minutes -
Burnham exchanged messages with person posing as Trump’s chief of staff
4 minutes -
Prof. Boima calls for shift in Africa’s approach to kidney care
4 minutes -
Stonebwoy: Afro Dancehall Pele
5 minutes -
Chamber of Mines engages Adamus, government over revoked mining leases
22 minutes -
Kwame Dadzie: Dear President Mahama, scrap ‘Black Star Experience’
33 minutes -
CSA urges Ghanaians to report cyber threats
42 minutes -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
47 minutes -
Agotime Kente Festival celebrates heritage, weaving and cultural identity
50 minutes -
Mahama announces new strategy to keep galamseyers out of reclaimed forest reserves
54 minutes -
Philip Nai: KFC Ghana and the Gh¢15 promotion; Where does corporate responsibility begin?
57 minutes -
Ahafo Minister cuts sod for 24-hour market project in Tano North
1 hour -
14 arrested over suspected narcotics cultivation, distribution in Upper East
1 hour