Audio By Carbonatix
Mario Balotelli mightn’t have had much to cheer about on Sunday night, but he could be about to welcome a new bundle of joy into the world. As ever with Mario, however, it’s complicated.
Many will suggest that the world of Balotelli is crazy enough without anyone else coming into the reckoning, but he might be about to become a father in the near future if claims by his ex-girlfriend are anything to go by.
Raffaella Fico – who apparently once tried to sell her virginity for €1 million, the classy lady – had, as we might say in this country, been doing a line with the Manchester City striker until they broke up a few months ago amid allegations of unfaithful behaviour on Balotelli’s part.
Earlier this week, however, Fico claimed that she was four months pregnant with Balotelli’s baby and that Mario was thrilled with the news.
“I called (Balotelli) the day before the game against Germany and I said, ‘I'm expecting a baby, it's your baby’” Fico told Italian website Sport Mediaset.
“After a pause he said: 'You gave me the best news of the world.’
“I went to a pharmacy outside Milan to buy a pregnancy test and I found I was pregnant. But I only told my mother and my brother.
“Last Christmas, he told me, 'let's get married and make a son', and I accepted.”
That all sounded well and good until Balotelli subsequently issued a statement claiming that he heard news of Fico’s pregnancy through third parties and that he will be seeking a paternity test to prove that he is, in fact, the Daddy.
"Once I have proof of my paternity, I will assume full responsibility," Balotelli said.
"I learnt from third parties a few days ago that Raffaella was expecting. That is why I decided to contact her and it was only then that she told me it was true.
"I am very disappointed; I don't think it's normal to not be told anything until the fourth month of a pregnancy."
It's not normal Mario, but then very little is normal in your world.
If the baby is Balotelli's, perhaps we can expect a new, mature attitude from a player who has generated more headlines than any in world football in the last couple years. Then again, we would't count on it.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GTEC orders university administrators back to work, gives VCs 48 hours to name defiers
5 minutes -
Chief arrested for allegedly engaging in illegal mining in Tano North
7 minutes -
Presbyterian Church of Ghana clarifies role of Christians in stool/skin offices
16 minutes -
‘There is no emergency’ – Godfred Dame criticises vacation hearing in Abdul-Hamid case
21 minutes -
Eco SIM and sustainability, making mobile technology greener
34 minutes -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Building a future-ready organization
34 minutes -
The Hunger Project-Ghana commissions ICT Centre at Domi Achiansa Epicenter to bridge digital divide.
34 minutes -
Nabdam: Police arrest 14 for cultivating and distributing ‘wee’
35 minutes -
Afro-Arab Drive Green expands EV fleet to boost jobs through energy transition
38 minutes -
Sunyani Paramount Chief warns chiefs against cemetery land sales and encroachment
39 minutes -
Trump envoy Kushner arrives in Israel after rare Hamas talks on Gaza peace plan
40 minutes -
Burnham exchanged messages with person posing as Trump’s chief of staff
41 minutes -
Prof. Boima calls for shift in Africa’s approach to kidney care
41 minutes -
Stonebwoy: Afro Dancehall Pele
41 minutes -
Chamber of Mines engages Adamus, government over revoked mining leases
58 minutes