Kumawood actress, Tina Green, has for the first time provided details on how she was subjected to embarrassment by a producer’s wife over false allegations.
The actress, who rose to fame following her role in the sitcom- Tentacles, said her dedication to the job coupled with her hourglass figure made her the favourite among her colleagues.
It is for this reason, she said a producer offered her a proposal to shoot a movie in Kumasi, in which she would act as a lead role, despite not being a member of the Kumawood fraternity at the time.
“He called me to act with Van Vicker who was my boyfriend in the movie. I was on set when other actresses questioned why he should bring me from Accra to act in Kumasi. I was stupefied, my soul left my body,” she recounted.
As if that was not enough, Tina said speculations ran rife that she was warming the bed of the producer, hence his favouring her over others. This led to some Kumawood members reporting the perceived amorous relationship to the producer’s wife.
Explaining the issue in an interview on Adom TV‘s The Journey, Tina revealed that camera was rolling while she was in character when the producer’s wife barged onto the set.
The actress said the concerned wife rained insults and curses on her amid accusations of trying to break her marriage.
Tina described the movie as her worst ever because though she went ahead to shoot and made her money, she was emotionally downcast.
She shared her story while explaining some disadvantages of being a curvaceous person in Ghana’s movie industry.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- Accord Bawumia constitutional dignity – NPP flagbearer aspirants urged
- Anthrax outbreak: One reported dead, others infected at Binduri
- Chris Hughton is a great guy and we are excited to work under him – Tariq Lamptey
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah
- Assin North by-election: NDC will not win with sympathy votes – Nana Boakye