In line with Access Bank Ghana’s goal of bringing banking services closer to customers, the Bank has held a two-day market storm activation of AccessClosa, at the Kejetia and Bantama markets in Kumasi, the Ashanti regional capital.
AccessClosa is Access Bank’s agency banking which seeks to bring banking services closer to the doorsteps of the unbanked and under-banked population, by employing the services of persons in local neighbourhoods to serve as agents in offering banking services.
The widely patronized events dubbed ‘MO NK3KN P33” which means closer to you, attracted hundreds of businessmen and women in the brisk markets to the Access Bank Activation stands to gain an understanding of AccessClosa.
Speaking in an interview, Pearl Nkrumah, Executive Director of Retail and Digital Banking at Access Bank Ghana explained that about 57 percent of the Ghanaian population is either unbanked or under-banked and Access Bank has seized the opportunity to bring banking services closer to its cherished customers.
“As part of our bank’s strategy to make banking accessible to every Ghanaian, we officially launched AccessClosa in July this year to enable customers enjoy the convenience of banking right in their neighbourhoods. We are also offering an exciting opportunity for all eligible interested persons to earn an income of up to GHS10, 000 monthly through AccessClosa,” she said.
She explained that AccessClosa is a function of commercial banks that allow banks to contract third party retail entities as agents and added that agents are stationed in retail outlets such as pharmacies, barbering shops, mobile money kiosks and supermarket among other locations in their vicinities.
Touching on eligibility criteria for one to be an AccessClosa Agent, Hetty Mercer, Head of Agency Banking at Access Bank elucidated that, “the person must be an Access Bank customer with a registered business, must have a business account and open an additional account called an AccessClosa account, must be profiled, trained and branded as an AccessClosa Agent to render services.
“AccessClosa agents can facilitate customers’ accounts opening, cash withdrawal and deposits, card requests, funds transfer, balance enquiry, bill payment services, mobile money services, remittance and insurance payment among others”, Mercer added.
Operating from 54 business locations across the country with over 3000 agents, Access Bank continues to build solid long-term relationships with customers based on trust, digital innovation, good customer service and transparency.
The Bank has over the years developed a deep understanding of its customers, delivering excellent services and empowering them to achieve more through financial inclusion
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris