Accra Academy Senior High School is set to launch a recording studio set up for students over the weekend, veteran recording and sound engineer, Zapp Mallet has disclosed.
Describing it as the first of its kind, he noted his readiness to support a national initiative for the teaching and learning of musical instruments and music in schools.
Zapp Mallet disclosed to Reverend Erskine on Y107.9FM’s LeaderBoard Series that “I will be ready to do that as music plays an integral role in our society.”
According to him, the feat will encourage others schools to emulate the system and promote the teaching and learning of music in the country.
“We use music to learn and even teach. For example, we teach the multiplication table with music.”
He said there are some special needs schools that also use music therapy to teach students.
“I have heard of a lady who uses music therapy to teach autistic students,” he said.
The recording engineer who had his secondary education at the Accra Academy from 1975 to 1982 reiterated that he is ever ready to get involved in the introduction and promotion of music in schools nationwide.
The Accra Academy Senior High School has produced a number of quality artistes and sound engineers amongst a myriad of other industry experts.
Gafacci (Bleoo ’06), King of Accra (Bleoo ’05), Zapp Mallet (Bleoo ’82) are amongst a few sound engineers to have come out from the school while, Jerry Hansen (Bleoo ’47), first president of the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA), KiDi (Bleoo ’12) and Danny Nettey (Bleoo ’88) are some music greats from Bleoo.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- ‘Little drops of the Word’ launched to help facilitate Christian children upbringing
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series
- betPawa Premier League: Seydou Zerbo getting frustrated with Kotoko strikers
- Playback: Personality Profile hosts Zahara
- Recent frequent rainfall is not a new phenomenon – Chief Forecaster
- Turbo-Jets win second edition of Adonai Osagyefo Basketball Championship
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Homeowners and businesses urged to invest in security
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah