Rapper and songwriter, Okyeame Kwame, says that writing a good song is not limited to any particular duration.
According to the ‘Rap Dacta,’ all that matters is getting the inspiration and thoughts well pieced
“Once the idea has come to you and whoever is producing the song also understands the direction you are going, and it is instant it mustn’t necessarily drug or take a long time,” he intimated.
“It can take one hour to write and produce a good song or sometimes it can even take a year,” he added.
He made this revelation in a Twitter Spaces conversation held by ‘Joy Entertainment’ on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
Okyeame listed three qualities of a well-written or composed song.
The poetry of the song and the theme in the whole conceptualisation experience and the sonic pattern of the song.
This conversation comes on the back of a recent tweet by music producer Zapp Mallet that: “I guess many are those who have lost the art of songwriting because they are always chasing after a hit. Hit hit hit! Let’s hear songs.”
The current crop of musicians have been lambasted for not producing songs with rich content. A lot of their songs have been described as ‘fast food’.
Although Okyeame Kwame believes songwriters of the ‘Burger Highlife’ era were the best, he has acknowledged that artistes like Kofi Kinaata, KiDi and Akwaboah from the younger generation are on top of their pen game.
The Joy Entertainment Unpacked Twitter spaces conversation is meant to give insight and meaning to relevant issues in arts, tourism and culture.
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers
- Persons who invade or attack AngloGold Ashanti will be arrested and prosecuted – Abu Jinapor
- Let’s review the Fertilizer Subsidy Programme-GIRSAL to MoFA
- Engr. ERIC ATTA-SONNO: Is the Ghanaian Media still the Fourth Estate of the Realm?
- GEA, World Bank to support 150 PWD Enterprises with ¢12m to grow their businesses
- 2023 ECOWAS Festival: Queen Mother urges African leaders to use culture as a tool to achieve African unity
- People called me names for trying to extend law school to Kumasi – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- I laid the foundation for lawyers to be licensed in Ghana – Kwaku Ansa-Asare
- World Environment Day: Ghana’s road medians turned spaces for garbage and weedy sand mounds
- Gov’t committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti’s concessions, curbing illegal activities – Jinapor
- Why Wendy Shay is calling some artistes “thieves”