The new state of the art head office building for Activa International Insurance Company (Ghana)Limited (AIIG) situate at No. 2 Maurice Yamengo Road, North Ridge was inaugurated on 8th November, 2022.
The Guest of Honour for the occasion was the Deputy Minister of Finance, Abena Osei-Asare. Also present at the event was Alan John Kyerematen, the Minister of Trade and Industry.
In her speech, Abena Osei-Asare commended Activa International Insurance Company for such a great feat.
She charged insurance companies to have complimentary hardware and software to effectively address concerns from the public.
Such software, she stressed, must be anchored on people, partnership and technology which must ensure effective communication during sales and claims payment time and also promote professionalism in handling clients.
In terms of partnership, she further stated that insurance companies must join forces to intensify public awareness campaigns and partner with the regulator, the National Insurance Commission to ensure standardisation across the sector.
She also called on insurance companies to adopt business models to embrace technology for service delivery and also interconnect the traditional ways of doing insurance.
At the inaugural ceremony, Richard Lowe, Chairman of Activa Insurance Group said special thanks to cherished clients without whom Activa would be non-existent.
He was grateful to Insurance Brokers on the market for their continued support and looked forward to a continued mutually beneficial relationship.
The Activa Insurance Group Chairman expressed his sincere appreciation to the staff of Activa Ghana.
He said he counts on their dedication and determination to make Activa one of the best insurance companies on the Ghanaian market.
The Managing Director of Activa Insurance Ghana, Benjamin Yamoah, in his welcome address, said the new head office called ACTIVA SQUARE signifies the fruit of AIIG’s hard work over the past 13 years since it began operations in Ghana in April 2009.
Work on the building started in September 2020 and though its progress was heavily impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic, the building was handed over to AIIG in July 2022.
He expressed gratitude to the contractor Key Contracting Company Ltd., the consultant DC&M and the Project Manager as well as the Local Building Committee for the work done to see the successful completion of the building.
The building that was inaugurated is the first phase of the Activa Square complex to be executed in three phases. The first phase consists of a basement for parking, a ground floor and three other floors including the rooftop level for entertainment.
He also pointed out that the building was planned and designed to meet the needs of AIIG’s stakeholders including its staff and the new facility will enhance efficiency in its operations.
Also present at the inaugural ceremony was the Head of Finance- National Insurance Commission, Dr. Mahama Wayo; President Of Ghana Insurers Association, Seth Aklasi; President of IBAG, Shaibu Ali, other industry players and clients of Activa Insurance Company, Ghana among others..
Activa International Insurance Company (Ghana) Ltd. is rated in the ‘A’ category by Messrs GCR Ratings of SouthAfrica. AIIG was adjudged Insurance Company of the year 2017 and 2018 consecutively, by the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG).
Activa International Insurance Company Ghana is a member of Ghana Club 100.
Currently, AIIG is placed 8th out of 26 general business insurance companies in Ghana. It controls a market share of 5.3% in Ghana’s general business insurance market and achieved a 45% growth in revenue in 2021.
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Livestream: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Livestream: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain
- Funeral is a huge business – Veteran broadcaster Yaw Okyere
- They’re your battle scars – Yul Edochie urges Funke Akindele to restore deleted politics-related posts
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Eugene Osei-Tutu: State funding of political parties; are we ready?
- Ho Central NDC primaries: It is time to reward loyalty and hard work – Randsford Kasu
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- Beyoncé and Adidas reportedly end partnership