The Actuarial Society of Ghana has attributed the low insurance penetration rate in Ghana to the lack of local professionals to create conducive insurance packages that meet the demands of prospective clients.
Speaking to JoyBusiness at the APG Annual Convention, President of the Society, Neil Tagoe says some regulations must be effected in the insurance sector to compel insurance firms seek services of actuaries in crafting insurance packages.
According to him, “regulation is very much needed to ensure that professional actuaries are consulted especially in the drafting and designing of insurance packages that will best fit the interests of prospective clients”.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Pensions Regulatory Authority (NPRA), David Tetteh-Amey Abbey warned that the field of pensions and insurance could be affected with low confidence if stakeholders do not manage risks very well.
The International Actuarial Association is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations. The mission is to promote the role, reputation and recognition in the international domain.
The conference brought together about 150 participants from insurance, pensions and banking industries to discuss among other things evolving regulatory reporting, capital planning and recapitalization of the financial industry in the financial sub-sectors.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid