The Ada Divisional Police Command at the weekend arrested 39 motorbikes, including five tricycles within the Ada West District, in an exercise undertaken by the Division.
According to the police, they are undertaking this special exercise to bring sanity into the districts.
The Sege Police Commander, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) George Aboagye told the Ghana News Agency at Sege that there were many motorbikes within the District, which were not registered or insured.
He said several warnings were given to the riders to have their motorbikes registered but to no avail.
“The arrested motorbikes have been impounded at the station and the owners have been asked to provide documents for inspection and if it is found that they are genuine, they will be released to them,” he said.
DSP Aboagye said the exercise would continue to ensure sanity in the district.
“If you can buy a motorbike at GH₵5,000.00 or more without going through the requirements and you use the bike, it doesn’t sound well. Let all help to bring sanity within the district. The moment you buy a motorbike, try to register because motorbikes have come to stay with us,” he explained.
He said the motorbikes would be kept at the police station until the owners produce the necessary documents.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Charity Yayra Adzam aka Lindavis
- NHIS medicines and service tariffs upwardly adjusted
- PayPal cuts 2,000 jobs as global economy weakens
- Daddy Lumba inspired me as a young producer – Appietus
- DDEP: Labour unions will meet to ‘advise ourselves’ – Angel Carbonu on pensions
- Ridge City signs agreement with Everton to become partner club
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence returning for fourth ‘Bad Boys’ movie
- Domelevo yet to receive emoluments nearly 3 years after being ‘forced out’
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Hubtel wins big at Ghana Fintech Awards 2022
- ‘Kamaldeen feels he can help Southampton immediately’ – Nathan Jones
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- 34 women arrested for prostitution in Tema, each granted GHs5k bail each
- Ex-soldier sues government, colleagues over sexual abuse