Ahafo Ano North MP Suleman Adamu Sanid is worried about what he believes is the reluctance of the youth to take up high offices.
Speaking at the inauguration of the Ahafo Ano North Youth Parliament at Tepa, he said large numbers of youth in decision making is crucial for socio-economic development.
“One of the surest ways of ensuring development is to have a good number of youth at the helm of affairs.
“Take up leadership positions in spite of all the constraints that might come with it,” he said.
The Ahafo Ano North Youth Parliament is under an initiative of the National Youth Authority-Ghana to establish Youth Parliaments across the 254 MMDAs in the country.
The long-term goal is to have a National Youth Parliament by 2025.
This is to strengthen local governance among the youth while diverting their attention from social vices.
The Ashanti Regional Director of the National Youth Authority, George Orwell Amponsah tasked the inaugurated parliament to come up with programs aimed at solving problems confronted by the constituency.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
DKB solicits funds on behalf of Akuapem Poloo
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby
Senyo Hosi: When shall we breathe?
Meet 2 life-changing health professionals in Northern Ghana
The beauty ideal fuelling an illicit drugs trade
Dental trauma: What to know and what to do
Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash
Queen marks her 95th birthday today without Prince Philip