President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo, has nominated chief executives for the six new Municipal and District Assemblies, inaugurated on Tuesday, February 19.
This in line with Article 241 (1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20 (1) of the Local Government Act, Act 936.
A statement signed by the Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Hajia Alima Mahama, on Wednesday, named them as: Mr Asare Danso for the Birim South District in the Eastern Region; Mr Alhassan Abdallah Iddi – North East Gonja District of the Savanna Region; and Mr Godwin Edudzi Effah – Keta Municipal of the Volta Region.
The rest are: Alhaji Mohammed Quaye for the Ayawaso Central Municipal; Nii Adjei Tawiah – Korley – Klottey Municipal; and Madam Mariama Amui – Ablekuma Central Municipal; all in the Greater Accra Region.
The statement urged the respective Regional Ministers to liaise with their various Regional Electoral Commission to initiate the confirmation process for the nominees.
The nominees are required to win at least two-thirds of the valid votes cast by the assembly members.
- Social media reacts to KT Hammond’s criticism of youth who hooted at Akufo-Addo
- ‘I get only ¢47 as pension’ – Nkrumah’s bodyguard laments life after president’s death
- “Very frustrating” – Asamoah Gyan on Black Stars midfielders not passing to strikers
- Footage for Akufo-Addo’s tourism video was acquired legitimately from an agency – GTA on Kirani Ayat’s theft claims
- “We shall also be blessed with Ghana Miracle” – Finance Minister speaks on economy recovery
- You can’t lead Ghana with your coconut heads – KT Hammond to those who booed Akufo-Addo
- Finance Minister to announce 5-member committee as part of moves to protect financial system
- ‘They were cheering him’ – Okraku-Mantey on Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival
- NDC dissociates itself from Akufo-Addo’s booing; says incident reflects mood of Ghanaians
- The art exhibition that took Christian rituals literally brutal
- Moussa Dadis Camara: Guinea’s ex-military ruler on trial over stadium massacre
- Ethiopia’s Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
- Joining UN Global Compact a step on the right path to ensuring investor confidence – DBG CEO
- Araba Opoku inspires hope, beauty and satisfaction from struggle in Whispers Down The Lane exhibition
- Roselyn Felli receives two nominations at NCA Awards 2022
- ‘Ghana is the No.1 tourism destination in West Africa’ – Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Fitch downgrade unfortunate, further depresses our bonds on international market – Ofori-Atta
- DBG signs UN Global Compact, pledges to abide by 10 principles for sustainable business and governance
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- Liberia rice shortage causes panic-buying
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Black Stars’ poor performance and preparations for World Cup
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Asante Kotoko beat Nsoatreman in outstanding matchday 1 fixture
- Podcast: Are Black Stars ready for Qatar after friendlies against Brazil and Nicaragua?
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia