One of the Algerian opposition figures, Amira Bouraoui, who is the most famous and committed militant and activist in favour of a democratic change in Algeria, has been arrested.
She was arrested by the Tunisian authorities at the Tunis-Carthage International Airport when she was preparing to leave Tunisian territory to reach France on Friday, February 3, according to “Algérie Part”.
Placed provisionally in detention, he was subsequently released on Monday, February 6, under the regime of provisional freedom pending her appearance before a Tunisian court for facts related to an offence of illegal entry into Tunisian territory.
The former leader of the opposition movement “Barakat” in 2014 was “forbidden to leave Algerian territory” while no judicial decision in due form was pronounced by the competent court to legitimize this deprivation of freedom of movement.
However, according to several concordant sources contacted by Algérie Part, as soon as Amira Bouraoui was released by the Tunisian authorities, plainclothes agents orchestrated her abduction in the streets of the Tunisian capital to take her to a destination which remains unknown until the publication of this article online.
Those close to the Algerian opponent fear the worst and are desperately looking for any information that could indicate her whereabouts.
The Tunisian authorities have so far made no comment about this kidnapping and no information has filtered for the moment on the identity of the kidnappers of Amira Bouraoui.
The latter is not the subject of any judicial condemnation in Tunisia since it has not even been judged yet and officially, she is not the subject of any arrest warrant issued against her by the Algerian authorities.
Finally, it should be noted that several concordant sources have assured Algérie Part Editors that the Tunisian authorities are preparing to set up her extradition to Algeria at the express request of the Algerian authorities.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- Livestream: Speaker grants Minority time to peruse report on Akufo-Addo’s new Ministerial appointees
- Energy Ministry isn’t indebted to ECG; there was no disconnection of power supply – Egyapa Mercer
- 6-packs come with a risk of depression
- Fish farmers call for government support to address sector challenges
- Avoid appointments that give impression of jobs for boys and girls – Joyce Bawa Morgtari tells Akufo-Addo
- Man jailed 180 days for fondling minor’s breast
- Lynx signee, Kasar, releases first single ‘Oyibo’
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- NDC flagbearership race: Kwabena Duffour submits nomination forms
- Kelvynboy reveals how he benefitted from Tekno, Stefflon Don feature on ‘Down Flat’ remix
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- AFCON 2023Q Preview: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government