The Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) has ejected illegal occupants at the Independence Avenue Cluster of Schools in Accra.
The action follows their invasion of the school premises and turning the place into their permanent abode.
Speaking after the exercise, Gilbert Nii Ankrah, the Head of Public Affairs at the AMA said a committee had been set up by the Accra Metropolitan Chief Executive, Mr Mohammed Adjei Sowah to ascertain the cause of the issue and to propose recommendations to forestall future occurrence.
Nii Ankrah said the Assembly had stationed day and night security at the school to prevent the squatters from going back to the premises, adding that a taskforce had also been assigned to visit the schools since the incident occurred.
He noted that it was the second time the incident had occurred and that in the initial instance, an arrangement was made for a security officer to be stationed at the school’s premises.
The Independence Avenue Cluster of Schools was established in 1906 and comprised three basic schools namely; Independence Avenue ‘1’ and ‘2’ Basic Schools as well as Bishop Boys/Mixed Primary.
The school, which is one of the oldest public primary schools in the Central Business District of Accra has a total population of 778 pupils.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
1975 Sekondi College year group visits alma mater
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer