Spokesperson for the Ayew family, Fiifi Tackie, has brushed aside reports of both Andre Ayew and Jordan Ayew quitting the Ghana national team following the team’s elimination from the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.
Earlier reports on Wednesday, January 26, suggested the duo were set to quit playing for the Black Stars after speculations of being involved in using ‘black magic’ during the team’s camping in Cameroon for the AFCON.
However, Tackie, in a post on Twitter revealed both Andre and Jordan have no intentions of leaving retiring from national duty and are committed to ‘representing Ghana’.
Andrè and Jordan Ayew are still very committed to the Black Stars team as they have always been. They will keep donning the Black Stars jersey to represent Ghana and give the team their very best on and off the pitch, as always.— F I I F I T A C K I E💎 (@fiifitackie) January 27, 2022
We just got off the phone. pic.twitter.com/w6Bf7mKp6h
Andre and Jordan last decided not to play for the national team back in 2013, which led to them missing the 2013 edition of the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.
But since then, the sons of the legendary Abedi Pele have represented the country across all competitions with Andre going on to become the captain of the Black Stars.
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Ghanaians are oblivious of dangers of terrorism – Dr. Vladimir Antwi-Danso
Minority in Parliament demands public inquiry into declassification of Achimota Forest
NPP UK Branch elects new executives
There’s no pressure on me to release hit songs — Black Sherif
Premier League approves Chelsea takeover deal by Todd Boehly consortium
Don’t be local champions — Camidoh advises artistes
Memorial lecture to be held in honour of Kojo Bentsi-Enchill Letsa
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana commends Land Minister but demands commission of inquiry into Achimota Forest lands controversy
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption
Lack of law enforcement to blame for poor planning, land use by local assemblies – Legal Practitioner