The Awutu Ofaakor Circuit Court in the Central Region has sentenced four armed robbers to 72 years in prison.
The robbers, according to police prosecutors, robbed three houses and raped a four-month-old pregnant woman during their operation.
The court presided over by Ebenezer Osei Darko, sentenced Solomon Quaye alias Cee, 26; Edwin Paa Kwesi, 28; Benjamin Mensah, 22; and Paul Sekyi, 24.
The Awutu Bereku Station Officer, Chief Inspector Stephen Tamakloe, said the armed robbers traveled all the way from Agbogbloshie in Accra to carry out their operation in the Central Region.
He said the four men have been sent to the Ankaful Maximum Security Prisons to begin their sentences.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA over using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July