Armed robbers attacked a passenger bus on Tuesday morning killing one person and injuring many.
The injured are currently at the Tamale Teaching Hospital for treatment.
The attack took place at Yamo Karaga near Gushegu in the Northern Region.
The armed robbers reportedly laid ambush and shot indiscriminately at the Tata bus.
According to Joy News’ Mahama Shaibu, a survivor of the attack, Mohammed Mustapha who sustained minor injuries, said the passengers in the bus were heading for Gushegu to transact their business.
All of a sudden the robbers appeared from nowhere and started shooting at them.
The shots according to the survivor, forced the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
The bus crushed injuring more passengers in the process.
Mahama Shaibu reported that among the injured were a nursing mother and her daughter who sustained gun shot wounds.
- Travellers complain of theft at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
- Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
KMA to offer support to Kumasi Central market fire victims
E Vibes: I almost quit music – Amakye Dede
What I learned when my ex-boyfriend dumped me on Valentine’s Day
Bare with us concerning ‘dumsor’ timetable – GRIDCo
The moment society taught me what it meant to be a woman
Government is expanding TVET education to increase enrollment – Kumawu MP
Volta Region records 137 road crashes in first quarter of 2021
Joe Ghartey missed out on ministerial appointment due to his flagbearer ambition – Ben Ephson
Persistent cement price increases raise concerns among building construction players
Retail Feud: GUTA to close down undocumented foreign retail shops
Angela Merkel must beat the pandemic to save her legacy, time is running out
More than 11,800 benefit from malaria vaccination in AOB District
Zeepay partners with Moove, Uber’s preferred fleet partner in sub-Saharan Africa
Ghost names on government payroll to be a thing of past – Bawumia
7 tips for enjoying Ghana beyond Accra trips