The Ashantigold Sporting Club was attacked by unknown armed men on Sunday evening at Assin Endwa.
The team was returning from Accra after their match against Hearts of Oak in the Ghana Premier League.
The robbers shot at the bus they were travelling in. Three bullets are said to have been fired.
According to the club in a Facebook post, no casualties were recorded. This is because “the team driver meandered his way through a terrible scene of gunshots.”
The entire team is currently safe in Obuasi.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Turkey quake: Heavy rain hampers rescue efforts
- Digital pound likely this decade, Treasury says
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit