The Vice President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Mark Addo, has assured that the Ghana Premier League (GPL) will commence as scheduled.
He is saying this on the back of an injunction notice filed at the court by Ashantigold earlier in the week.
In an interview with LUV FM, he expressed confidence the league will start this coming weekend.
Mark Addo believes the Miners and their lawyer have not grounds to place an injunction on the league because they club is no longer a member of the GFA.
“If you look at the Ashantigold case, the fact of the matter is the person who is suing in this instance is not a member of the FA.
“Ashantigold has been suspended but the individual, technically, has no locus.”
The new Ghana Premier League season kicks off Friday, September 15, 2023, where Hearts Oak travel to play Real Tamale United at the Aliu Mahama Sports Stadium in Tamale.
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert