The Asogli State Council has expressed concerns over the alleged sale of lands in the Volta Regional Capital and called on stakeholders to investigate and correct the anomalies.
The Traditional Council, in a release signed by Stephen Tetteh, Secretary to the State made particular reference to an earlier release by one Emmanuel Adzome on behalf of the Ho Council of Electorates, raising concerns over the alleged sales.
Mr Adzome’s release, dated March 22, 2021, alleged that the State lands were being “shared to NPP Party apparatchiks” in Ho, and listed some party executives who had been allocated portions.
The Asogli State Secretary said the release confirmed the Council’s prior information, and thus was investigating the issue, which also affected lands belonging to stools and families.
“The Chiefs and people of Asogli State in the Volta Region take a very serious view of the press release on the above subject.
“We did receive complaints about the illegal sale of government lands to which various stools and families held allodia titles, before the publication of the press release, and had started our investigation on the matter.
“The contents of the press release are thus consistent with and confirm what we thought we knew all along. It is sad to imagine that people who have offered to lead us, will exploit the privileged positions and appropriate our lands among themselves and their cronies,” he stated.
The Secretary said the issue had been ongoing for about a decade, and that the Council had promised the needed cooperation on a thorough, unbiased investigation.
“We the chiefs of Asogli State hereby call for a thorough non-partisan investigation of the sale of government lands over the past ten years, and for steps to be taken to right any wrongs that have been committed.
“We wish to assure the government of our full cooperation, and look forward to being represented on any group that would be constituted to undertake the investigations,” he said.
The Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Yao Letsa refused comments, when contacted by the GNA, saying a stakeholder meeting would be held on the matter on Friday.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned