The Assemblymember for the Ahenfie electoral area in the Wenchi Municipality of the Bono region, Kassim Mohammed, has expressed unhappiness at the activities of cattle herdsmen at the Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) Cluster of Schools in the area.
According to him, the constant nuisance by the cattle in the school has been disrupting classroom work.
Kassim Mohammed who doubles as a member of the School Management Committee (SMC), revealed in an interview that the herdsmen have intentionally brought their animals to the school to graze ignoring the presence of the school children.
He said, “herdsmen bring their animals here each day to graze, even when classes were in session, causing panic among school children”.
The Assembly member for the Ahenfie electoral area further stated that efforts to halt the activities of the herdsmen and their cattle in the school have failed due to the hostility of the herdsmen.
“Wenchi SDA cluster of schools, widely known as Frema School has produced most of the top-class citizens from this area but it is just frustrating that we are still grappling with the incessant invasion of the compound by cattle,” he lamented.
Kassim Mohammed consequently called on the Munucipal Chief Executive for the area, Dr Prince Kwakyi Afriyie, Member of Parliament for Wenchi, Alhaji Seidu Haruna as well as other natives of Wenchi to help construct a massive fence wall in order to avert a looming disaster.
Although teachers of the Wenchi SDA cluster of schools declined to speak on camera, they conceded that the invasion of the school’s premises by the cattle has been the greatest setback on effective teaching and learning.
They say the only permanent remedy to the cattle nuisance is the construction of a fence wall.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans