Chief Executive Officer of the National Petroleum Authority (NPA), Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, has disclosed that the Authority has secured a deal with the Bank of Ghana to give bulk oil distribution companies lower rates of dollar.
Dr. Abdul-Hamid hoped the deal lead to a decline in the prices of petroleum products in the country in the coming days.
He said the deal was struck to regulate the forex effect on the pricing of petroleum products realising the current economic situation of Ghanaians.
“We have secured a deal with the Bank of Ghana to give bulk distribution to companies at lower rates of the dollar,” he noted.
The NPA CEO also said, in the next three months, there will be a regular supply of the products in the country.
He made this known when he together with some board members as well as some selected staff of NPA visited the Awoamefia of Anlo, Togbi Sri III at his residence at Woe in the Anloga District.
The visit was to introduce themselves to the Awoamefia and the Anlo chiefs and seek their wisdom and support in running the NPA.
“Our decision to consult prominent chiefs like you the Awoamefia of Anlo is with the understanding that wisdom does not reside in one head and that though we are appointed to be in the NPA, we believe there are people who are more knowledgeable in the petroleum sector and whose views must be sought for the benefit of all,” Dr. Hamid said.
Torgbui Sri III in a speech said it was an honour for him to receive the delegation from the NPA.
He appealed to the Board to make premix fuel available to people along the coast because the scarcity of the product has been affecting the fishermen who depend on it for their work.
Chief of Anlo land present at the meeting was optimistic that issues regarding petroleum will improve with time.
Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid later visited the tomb of the late former Minister in the Kufour administration, Major Courage Quashigah.
Ace journalist, Kwame Sefa Kayi, Bernard Owusu who are both members of the board, Communications manager, Mohammed Abdul-Kudus and Volta Regional Director for NPA, Rashid Dauda as well as Faisal Ibrahim Cisse were with Dr. Abdul-Hamid.
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Agenda 111: 8 hospitals in Northern Region to be completed by December 2023 – Regional Minister
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks