Audio By Carbonatix
Sports Minister Mustapha Ahmed says he will take responsibility for the delay in paying the Black Stars winning bonus after thrashing Mauritius 7-1.
The game played at the Accra Sports Stadium last month was the team's first 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.
According to the Sports Minister, the buck stops with him, assuring the players that the ministry is working around the clock to address the issue.
“I will not blame anyone for the delay. If they said it's the ministry's fault, I have accepted the blame”, he told Patrick Osei Agyemang on Asempa FM's Fire for Fire show.
His deputy, Vincent Oppong Asamoah, had earlier blamed the GFA for submitting the team's budget late. This according to him made it impossible for the ministry to process the cash on time.
The GFA subsequently denied it, saying the budget was handed over on May 6, one clear month ahead of the qualifier.
But Dr. Mustapha has called for calm between two institutions.
“It’s very sad when you hear people criticize both the GFA and the Ministry for the delay in the payments. I believe next time things wouldn’t go this way,” he said.
The ministry is expected to meet the GFA to discuss the recent feud, as well as other matters.
-
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter @Joy997FM. Get more with the #JoySports hashtag on Facebook/Twitter.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
58 minutes -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
3 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
3 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
4 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
4 hours -
Black Stars lose 2-0 to Mexico in pre-World Cup friendly in Puebla
5 hours -
Free speech: MFWA slams ‘weaponisation’ of state laws
5 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
5 hours -
NITA defends ICT fees, rejects claims of ‘digital coup’
6 hours -
UN releases $60m from central fund to tackle lethal Ebola outbreak
6 hours -
“Put people first” – Vice-President tells global financial giants at ACI Congress
8 hours -
Vice-President commissions 100 new Metro Mass buses
8 hours -
“You do not need my permission” – Bagbin clears misconception over arresting MPs
9 hours -
Ice baths, almond milk, meditation and a ‘house like a hospital’: The secrets of Salah’s success
9 hours -
Lupita Nyong’o rejects criticism of Helen of Troy role
10 hours