The Assistant Headmaster of the Bole Senior High School in the Savannah Region has been arrested for allegedly raping a final year student of the school.
The accused, Issahaku Jadua, is alleged to have invited the victim into his office at about 6:00pm on May 20, to advise her on an upcoming exam.
However, the Police say upon entering the office, Mr. Jadua forcefully had sex with the student.
The Savannah Regional Public Relations Officer of the Ghana Police Service, Inspector Adjekum Owusu, confirmed the incident to the media.
He was subsequently arrested on Wednesday, May 25, after a medical examination of the victim.
Inspector Adjekum said Mr. Issahaku Jadua will be processed for court.
“We received a report that a student of the Bole Senior High School was raped by one of her tutors. The crime officer and other officials of the Ghana Education Service went to the school and took the girl to the hospital for diagnosis to ascertain the fact of the case.”
“Yesterday [Wednesday], the tutor was arrested and detained, so currently we are preparing him for court.”
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu
National Cathedral construction should not be under Monuments Board – Martin Kpebu