Chief Executive of the Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors, Senyo Hosi has backed government's termination of the appointment of the Managing Director of BOST, Alfred Obeng Boateng.
According to him, BOST has in recent times been an 'economy drainer' and the appointment of a new manager, he believes, would turn the situation around.
"The issues with BOST are not just about the leadership… Broadly, we have to properly define the place of BOST in the entire space," he said.
He continued: "Because right now it has become a drainer of the economy; raking up losses. Making taxpayers pay money."
"The GNPC among others had to pay money to bail out BOST. It shouldn't have been so," he added.
Mr Hosi is, therefore, impressing on the new MD, George Mensah Okley to consider the recommendations in the 2017 Industry Report to serve as a guide.
The Managing Director of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company, Alfred Obeng Boateng, was sacked on Wednesday.
A letter signed by the Executive Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante said Mr Obeng Boateng has until Friday, June 8, to hand over appointment to George Mensah Okley.
Mr Obeng Boateng’s reign as BOST Managing Director has been dogged by one controversy after another relating to the sale of contaminated fuel to some private organisations.
He was, however, cleared by Bureau of National Investigations (BNI), according to Energy Minister Boakye Agyarko who had set up a committee to investigate the sale.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- NSMQ 2021: Presec, Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS battle for Greater Accra Regional Championship title
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Demolish structures along ‘Right Of Way’ for railway projects – Otumfuo Osei Tutu II
Innovation Creativity and Entrepreneurship Programme to create opportunity for 140 Young entrepreneurs
Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines
#FixTheCountry protestors could be NDC – Freddie Blay
Message from the Morning Man: Mrs Awuku’s Kettle
Chiefs urged to remove cultural barriers affecting women’s participation in leadership
Public urged to put political colours aside for national development
What is the big deal? – Bridgette Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
‘Our ethos was happy music and good vibes’: genre-busting Black British band Osibisa
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells Media
76-year-old prophetess burnt to death at Komenda
The youth of Ghana are dissatisfied – Dr Kofi Amoah
Nana Addo’s galamsey fight a ‘soundbite’ fight; President has failed – Sam George
Saturday is Red Cross Day
Widow with 3 kids shares how she goes through the month with ₵1000 salary