A Chinese man is threatening legal action after a restaurant got his two young sons drunk – by serving them booze instead of mineral water.

Waiters mistakenly gave the boys, aged 10 and 12, a mineral water bottle containing clear alcohol, reports the Bandao City Daily.

Their father, Mr Sun, is threatening legal action after being unimpressed with the restaurant’s offer of a discount and a free cabbage.

He had invited several friends and relatives for a dinner party at the upmarket restaurant in Qingdao, and they ordered mineral water for the boys.

“The waiter helped the boys to fill their glasses with ‘water’, and they gulped it down,” said Mr Sun.

“By the end of the meal, we noticed the boys were getting short of breath, and having blurred vision. And they smelled strongly of alcohol.”

It turned out the water bottle had been filled with left over alcohol, which had been collected by waiters as they cleared tables.

Source: Ananova

Tags: