Ghana have lined up friendly matches against Costa Rica and Honduras and will camp first in Europe and then in the USA before the 2014 World Cup, GHANAsoccernet.com can confirm.
The Black Stars will begin camping for their third successive finals on May 25 in Rotterdam where the Black Stars are scheduled to play the Netherlands on May 31.
The team will then move camp to Los Angeles, USA where the team is billed to play two more friendly matches against Costa Rica and Honduras.
“The Ghana Black Stars will begin camping on 25th May in Rotterdam,” Ghana FA boss Kwesi Nyantakyi revealed.
“We will continue with our preparations in the USA.
“We will be staying in Los Angeles and play two friendly matches against Costa Rica and Honduras.
“We hope that with this preparation, the Black Stars will be in tip top form to face the challenges at the World Cup.”
Ghana will play Montenegro on March 5 before coach Akwasi Appiah names an expected provisional squad for the World Cup in Brazil.
The team will then commence intense preparations for the tournament on May 25 in Europe.
Ghana have made steady progress since qualifying to play in its first World Cup finals in 2006.
The Black Stars equalled Africa’s record of a quarter final at the last World Cup in South Africa having exited at the Round of 16 stage in their prior appearance in Germany.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Akuapem Poloo appeals 90-day jail sentence
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court