When it appeared as if one bride’s sister would never have her own wedding, she decided to share her big day with her in the most uplifting way.
When it was time for the groom to walk down the aisle, he had a special guest with him in tow.
The groom carried his bride’s twin sister down the aisle so she could experience being treated like a bride herself.
When Morgan Watkins got engaged to her now-husband, Brian, after six years of dating, she knew she wanted her twin sister, Macey, to have a significant part in her big day.
Macey Watkins was born with special needs and will unfortunately most likely never get married herself. Still, her sister wanted her to experience the joys of being a bride along with her when she and Brian tied the knot.
When the day finally came and the groom walked down the aisle, guests were in awe to see him carrying Macey, decked out in her own white dress and veil, in his arms.
Morgan posted a video of the sweet moment to her TikTok account, which has since been viewed over 74 million times since the October 2021 wedding.
@morganmwatkins Reply to @saraann1983 per request! Can’t wait to share whatever our photographer captured! ❤️ #fyp #ido #twinsisters ♬ Neon Moon (with Kacey Musgraves) (with Kacey Musgraves) – Brooks & Dunn
“My twin sister who has special needs came down at my wedding with my fiancé, now who I call my husband,” she captioned the video.
“I wanted her to have her special moment as a bride like her twin sister. I will forever cherish this! Look at how her just looking around at everyone like she’s on her throne!”
Morgan added that her husband’s love for her sister is one of the reasons she fell in love with him so deeply. “He loves her as much as I do.”
Other TikTok users were moved by the heartwarming ceremony.
“This is amazing because you will most likely take care of her during her old age and he’s making a promise to you and her,” one user commented.
“As a mother who has daughters who will never get married this is so beautiful and selfless,” another user shared.
“All the bridezillas out there talking about their special day. I see two queens here. And a prince,” another user pointed out.
“Best thing I’ve EVER seen on TikTok he’s a million percent a keeper,” another added.
@morganmwatkins You all have asked to see more of Macey girl! She’s always been my pride and joy since we were babies. The twin bond is inseparable, if you’re a twin I’m sure you can relate. She is my best friend, my twin & the reason I am who I am today. I am her voice, she is my heart! I love you Macey girl! Forever & Always ❤️ #fyp #twinsisters #love #unique #tiktok #forever ♬ Smile – Uncle Kracker
Morgan noted in the comments section that her sister has “no interest in dating” but wanted her to have the special moment that she had.
“She’s my girl. Where I go she goes & I always told myself I’ll never be with a man who doesn’t love her and accept her just like I do,” she added. In another video, Morgan shares that Macey has always been her “pride and joy.”
“The twin bond is inseparable, if you’re a twin I’m sure you can relate,” she says. “She is my best friend, my twin & the reason I am who I am today. I am her voice, she is my heart!”
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies
- AFCON 2023Q: I just want to be effective for the team – Antoine Semenyo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Mahama and other NDC flagbearer aspirants to be vetted next week
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton calls for efficiency after winning start
- Government needs to ensure enough public tax education – Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Government needs to block revenue leakages -Prof. Ebo Turkson
- Ghana should move beyond using tax incentives to attract investment – Prof. Turkson
- New tax measures deepening the tax net, not widening it – Dr. Ali Nakyea
- EcoZoil marks World Water Day with beach clean-up and public sensitisation exercises
- Increasing taxes not conditionality for IMF board approval – Dr. Ali Nkayea