The Attorney-General (AG), Gloria Akuffo says the state is no longer interested in prosecuting Lawrence Nana Asiama Hanson, aka Bulldog, over the alleged murder of Fennec Okyere.
This was contained in the AG’s advice on the case docket.
According to the prosecution, led by Chief Inspector Simon Apoirsornu, the AG has advised that Bulldog, who also doubles as the CEO of Bull Haus Entertainment be discharged to enable further investigation.
He said the advise was addressed to the Director- General of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Police Service adding that the caution given to the CID was that the said advise should not be filed at the court.
Chief Inspector Apiorsornu indicated that the advise to the CID Director-General was covered under the Privileges Act, Section 100 of the Evidence Act.
But the Defense lawyer, Jerry Avenogbor, disagrees stressing that Section 100 of the evidence Act indicates that privilege information is between professionals and their clients like lawyers and doctors.
Bulldog’s lawyer averred that adjudication of justice in the country’s jurisprudence is ultimately between the court and the investigating body.
He told the court presided over by Worlanyo Kotoku that his client was incarcerated for a while but the judiciary saw the need to bail him because the police investigation lead to nothing
Mr. Avenogbor was worried that the prosecution has been asking for adjournments which he said has been “hindering the administration of justice”.
He accused the police of having plenty excuses contending that the law is in the bossom of the judge to discharge bulldog.
The trial magistrate however ordered that Richard Gyambibi, the Senior State Attorney who wrote the advise be summoned before the court to explain the aspects of the advice covered by privilege.
Sitting continues on October 12.
Bulldog, also a former manager of dancehall artiste Shatta Wale, is standing trial for his alleged involvement in the death of Fennec Okeyre.
Bulldog, 36, was picked up by the Police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in 2014 at Kokomlemle, a suburb of Accra, as a prime suspect in Okyere’s death.
Bulldog’s plea has not been taken even though per the police charge sheet, he has been charged with conspiracy to commit murder until an Accra High Court subsequently bailed him.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong