Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL), the operator of the Jubilee Field, has beefed up security on the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah after a contractor jumped overboard, Tuesday.
Tullow says full emergency response procedures were activated after the incident and the contractor was rescued eight minutes after the incident.
“The individual received emergency treatment and is currently being managed by a medical team in Accra. There was no injury following medical assessment,” the company said Wednesday.
It added, “Tullow and MODEC Ghana have contacted all relevant authorities.”
According to the company, the safety and security of all its staff both offshore and onshore are of utmost priority to them and the company will continue to observe key safety measures.
It added, “Jubilee operations were not impacted and continue.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana still high-risk debt of distress country - IMF/World Bank
- Cowbell to construct 20 boreholes to mark 20th anniversary
- Nestle introduces a new kind of chocolate
- Prove your ability to keep debt at sustainable levels - Terkper challenges gov’t
- IMF boss Largade resigns
- PDS urged to use data analytics to improve customer satisfaction
- Businesses urged to respond, deal with issues of sexual harassment
- Land litigations and insurance
- Govt, AGI others urged to raise $5b for AfCFTA
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn