Executives of the Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank) Ghana, on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, called on the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, at the Manhyia Palace.
The visit was to congratulate him on the 20th anniversary of his ascension to the Golden Stool and to introduce Mr Thomas Attah John who assumed leadership of the Bank in March 2018.
Speaking to GT Bank’s commitment to retail and business customers, Managing Director of the Bank, Mr Attah John said, “Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana is proud to be associated with His Royal Majesty, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II and the entire Asanteman Traditional Council. Over the last decade, our bank has played an integral role in the daily lives of retail customers in Asanteman – providing superior banking solutions and making our services available to all via digital and e-channels.
“We are also proud that GTBank continues to deliver end-to-end financial solutions to SMEs and large companies in the region – empowering them to contribute to job creation and the development of Asanteman. We remain committed to expanding our footprint as the bank of choice for retail customers and businesses within the Ashanti region.”
He added, “on behalf of the Board and employees of GT Bank, I extend our heartfelt congratulations to His Royal Majesty, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II for his successful 20 years reign and for his exemplary leadership which has fostered development and peace within Asanteman and beyond.”
The Asantehene praised GT Bank for showing strong leadership in electronic banking, for introducing innovative financial products for retail customers and businesses and the bank’s CSR programmes in education, health care and community development.
Mr Attah John reiterated GT Bank’s commitment to supporting projects championed by His Royal Majesty.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Monetary Policy Meeting underway: What you need to know
- Nigeria to join Africa Free Trade Zone – Trade Minister
- ‘Don’t lose your identity’ - Vodafone CEO charges brands
- Barclays ‘Ultimate Account’ adjudged best in West Africa
- Investment 101: Tenets of successful investing
- Ghana had 7 days of import cover before requesting for IMF support – Rep
- CalBank to deploy about 2,000 agents for its agency banking
- Banking sector reform yielding positive results - Akufo-Addo
- 20 teams enter first-round of the Kosmos Innovation Centre 2019 Agritech Challenge
- Ghana Commodity Exchange integrates 20 Ghanaian farmer groups
- Ghana-IMF Relations: Time for regular health checks of the economy
- ExxonMobil, BP withdraw from bidding for Ghana's oil blocks
- GSE confirms the return of confidence on the local bourse
- Market uncertainty in 2018 had adverse impact on social investments made by banks
- MTN, Vodafone CEOs urges local firms to leverage new trends in technology