Executives of the Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank) Ghana, on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, called on the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, at the Manhyia Palace.
The visit was to congratulate him on the 20th anniversary of his ascension to the Golden Stool and to introduce Mr Thomas Attah John who assumed leadership of the Bank in March 2018.
Speaking to GT Bank’s commitment to retail and business customers, Managing Director of the Bank, Mr Attah John said, “Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana is proud to be associated with His Royal Majesty, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II and the entire Asanteman Traditional Council. Over the last decade, our bank has played an integral role in the daily lives of retail customers in Asanteman – providing superior banking solutions and making our services available to all via digital and e-channels.
“We are also proud that GTBank continues to deliver end-to-end financial solutions to SMEs and large companies in the region – empowering them to contribute to job creation and the development of Asanteman. We remain committed to expanding our footprint as the bank of choice for retail customers and businesses within the Ashanti region.”
He added, “on behalf of the Board and employees of GT Bank, I extend our heartfelt congratulations to His Royal Majesty, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II for his successful 20 years reign and for his exemplary leadership which has fostered development and peace within Asanteman and beyond.”
The Asantehene praised GT Bank for showing strong leadership in electronic banking, for introducing innovative financial products for retail customers and businesses and the bank’s CSR programmes in education, health care and community development.
Mr Attah John reiterated GT Bank’s commitment to supporting projects championed by His Royal Majesty.
More Business Headlines
- Gov’t does not owe GN Savings and Loans – BoG reacts to viral claim
- S&L cleanup: Payment of depositor’s claims to begin before end of August
- Savings and Loans sector cleanup: BoG approach should have been less destructive
- GRA staff urged to abide by codes of conduct
- Photos: MTN Heroes of Change receive awards
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down