Holders Manchester City will travel to Arsenal in the standout tie of the Carabao Cup quarter-final draw.
Joint Premier League leaders Everton welcome Manchester United to Goodison Park, while Tottenham are away to Championship side Stoke City.
Meanwhile, Brentford’s reward for beating Fulham is a home tie against Newcastle United in the club’s first ever League Cup quarter-final.
All quarter-final ties are to be played the week commencing 21 December 2020.
Arsenal progressed in a penalty shootout against Liverpool following a goalless draw in the final tie of the fourth round on Thursday.
The meeting at Emirates Stadium with Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, who eased to a 3-0 win over Burnley, will see manager Mikel Arteta face his former club in a repeat of last season’s FA Cup semi-final, which Arsenal won 2-0 on their way to winning the trophy.
In-form Everton thrashed West Ham 4-1 to reach the last-eight and their upcoming opponents Manchester United claimed a 3-0 win over Brighton.
Stoke City defeated last season’s runners-up Aston Villa 1-0 on Thursday to set up their tie against Jose Mourinho’s Spurs, who overcame Chelsea on penalties.
Last season’s beaten Championship play-off finalists Brentford exacted revenge for that defeat on promoted Fulham with a 3-0 victory to record their best ever League Cup showing, with Steve Bruce’s Newcastle lying in wait after they edged past League Two Newport County on penalties.
The semi-final ties are then scheduled for 5 and 6 January 2021, with the final of the 2020-21 EFL Cup taking place on 28 February 2021 at Wembley.
The winners of this season’s tournament will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League, a new European competition.
Quarter final draw
Stoke City v Tottenham
Brentford v Newcastle United
Arsenal v Manchester City
Everton v Manchester United
- Takoradi woman faked pregnancy and kidnap – Regional Minister
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
- Provisional census results peg Ghana’s population at 30.8m – Statistical Service
- Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
- Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
- Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
- Suspected thief made to weed acres of land as punishment at Bibiani
- Takoradi missing woman: Neighbours, husband dispute Regional Minister’s claim she faked pregnancy, kidnap
‘Admit AU in G20 Group of Nations – Akufo-Addo
‘Ghana will defend democracy and constitutional rule’ – Akufo-Addo
Guinea coup: Military junta willing to see to Condé’s release – Akufo-Addo
‘Vaccines as a tool for immigration control is retrogressive’ – Akufo-Addo
Absa Group to Implement Second Significant B-BBEE Transaction
Musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah enstooled Benkumhene Of Bosomtwe Asaman
Suaman youth shower praise on Akufo-Addo for DCE appointment
Izwe Savings and Loans rewards customers and staff at its 10th anniversary virtual cake cutting ceremony
Prudential Bank donates vehicle to reward first runner-up of teacher prize
Seth Kwame Awuku: Parliament -Amending the 1990 ECOWAS supplementary protocol
Playback: Akufo-Addo addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
Mozzart Bet offers biggest odds in 3 games today
Kohwe was not my brother – George Laing clarifies
Northern Region Police Commander visits victims of brutalities in Tamale
R. Kelly’s legal team brings witnesses who say they never saw abuse by the singer