The Super Eagles have arrived in Bloemfontein in the Free State Province of South Africa on Sunday for their African Nations Championship (CHAN) semi-final match against the Black Stars of Ghana
The Eagles will play against Ghana in the semi-final match on Wednesday at the Free State Stadium.
The Media Officer of the team, Ben Alaiya, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on telephone from Bloemfontein that the team arrived in the city at 7p.m. local time on Sunday.
Alaiya said the Eagles flew into the city with the Zimbabwean national team and were staying at the President Hotel and Conference Centre in Bloemfontein.
“The reception here has been wonderful since we arrived. We are staying in the same hotel with the Zimbabwean national team.
“The players are in high spirit in anticipation of their semi-final match,’’ he said.
He said that before the team departed Cape Town for Bloemfontein, the players relaxed their bodies and swam at their hotel in Cape Town.
“I can confirm to you that the Super Eagles have arrived in Bloemfontein,’’ Alaiya said. (NAN)
The match comes off on Wednesday at 15:00 GMT( 3:00pm)
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court