Family, friends and sympathisers gathered in Accra for the one-week observation of the death of Ghanaian footballer, Christian Atsu.
The commemoration of the former Black Stars winger took place at the Adjiringanor Astro Turf on Saturday.
The event was graced by top government officials, past and present footballers among other personalities.
The Twasam family also announced March 17 as the burial date for the late Hatayspor player.
It will take place at the forecourt of the State House.
Christian Atsu died at age 31 in a devastating Turkish earthquake that happened on February 6, 2023.
Here is what some Ghanaians shared on social media regarding the programme.
Christian Atsu’s s one week observation currently underway at the Adjiringanor Astro Turf— SIKAOFFICIAL🦍 (@SIKAOFFICIAL1) March 4, 2023
Rest well Atsu🕊️❤️ pic.twitter.com/n3dTa7k2DJ
Thank you to all present and past footballers who came to honor the 1 week celebrations of the late Christian Atsu Twasam ..forever in our hearts 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🇬🇭🇬🇭 pic.twitter.com/lRirvRpvtF— Anthony Baffoe 🇬🇭🇬🇭🇬🇭 (@AnthonyBaffoe) March 4, 2023
Your legacy lives on legend. Rest in Peace Christian Atsu @ChristianAtsu20 pic.twitter.com/eL2tSviaQT— Bola Ray (@TheRealBolaRay) March 4, 2023
The Twasam family has communicated 17th March, 2023 as the date for the burial of former Black Stars winger Christian Atsu.— YEN.com.gh (@yencomgh) March 4, 2023
The burial will be held at the Forecourt of the State house. pic.twitter.com/E5FmmUYv7g
Former Black Stars’ goalkeeper Richard Kingston consoles Sulley Muntari who couldn’t control his tears at the one week observation of the late Christian Atsu.#GTVSPORTS pic.twitter.com/5C8xpVOaY8— GTV SPORTS+ (@mygtvsports) March 4, 2023
Sulley Muntari arrives at the late Christian Atsu’s One Week Observation#UTVGhana pic.twitter.com/YSOnp6hp2q— UTV Ghana (@utvghana) March 4, 2023
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Ugandan parliament passes bill to jail gay people
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Playback: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah