Audio By Carbonatix
Two alleged robbery suspects have been arrested by the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) after a violent car hijacking at Mpatasie, near Saint Anthony Hospital in the Ashanti Region.
Police sources mentioned the two suspects as Issaka Jamal, 30, and Kwadwo Badu, 40.
On November 7, 2025, the CID Headquarters intercepted information from Bohyen District about a robbery and carjacking incident that occurred the same day at Mpatasie, near St. Anthony Hospital.
Upon receiving the report, the Unit Command immediately activated its intelligence operations and gathered that the suspects had escaped from Kumasi and were heading towards Accra in the complainant’s unregistered Hyundai Tucson vehicle.
On November 8, 2025, the police said a team from the Unit, while conducting further enquiries, spotted the said vehicle with about four occupants along the Ofankor Barrier–St. John’s stretch on the Accra–Nsawam Highway.
The team swiftly intercepted the vehicle, where the occupants could be suspects.
However, sensing danger, the source said the suspects attempted to flee with the car.
“Realising they had been surrounded, they abandoned the vehicle and tried to escape on foot,” the police said.
“The team pursued and arrested Jamal and Badu, during which one sustained a gunshot wound and the other sustained minor injuries.
The source said two accomplices of the suspect managed to escape.
Jamal and Badu were rushed to the Police Hospital, where they are said to be in stable condition.
Police Personnel have retrieved the unregistered Hyundai Tucson, together with the following exhibits: a customised number plate which read “Congo-1-24,” a cash sum of GH₵5,900 and various documents and personal effects.

Efforts are currently underway to apprehend the suspects at large.
Latest Stories
-
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
4 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
28 minutes -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
38 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
2 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
3 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
3 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
4 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
5 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
5 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
5 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
5 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
5 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
5 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
5 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
7 hours