Audio By Carbonatix
An Accra Circuit Court has remanded a 25-year-old man for allegedly snatching a Hyundai Accent Taxi valued at ₵37,500.00.
Emmanuel Tetteh has pleaded not guilty to conspiring with Peter Mintah, his accomplice, now at large, to rob Prince Kyei, the complainant, of his cab.
He will make his next appearance on June 15, 2022.
Meanwhile, his accomplice is on the run with the cab with registration number GW 6088 22.
Police Chief Inspector George Nana Akomeah told the Court presided over by Mr K.K. Obiri Yeboah that Kyei, the complainant, was a taxi driver residing at Ablekuma whilst Tetteh, unemployed, resided at KI School, Kaneshie.
He said on April 12, 2022, at about 1930 hours, the complainant was in-charged of a Hyundai Accent cab with registration number GW 6088-22.
On reaching TV Africa area heading towards Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra, the accused and his accomplice, Mintah now at large, engaged the services of the complainant to take them to Dansoman.
Chief Inspector Akomeah said on reaching the SSNIT Flats, Mintah who was sitting at the front, asked the complainant to stop the car and be obliged.
Suddenly, he seized the ignition key and turned-off the engine, adding that the complainant started struggling with Mintah over the ignition key.
Prosecution said Tetteh got down from the car and joined in to over power the complainant while the accused person held the complaint by his neck as Mintah pulled out a pair of scissors and stabbed the forehead of the complainant.
The Court heard that the Complainant struggled with the accused and they both fell together.
Kyei shouted for help and those around rushed to the scene and arrested Tetteh whereas Mintah managed to run away with the car.
Prosecution said the accused person was sent to the Police Station whilst the complainant was rushed to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital for treatment.
During investigation, the accused admitted the offences and stated that he and Mintah had been snatching cars for the past two years.
He said that all the cars they had snatched were sold to one “Virus,” who lived in the same house with Mintah at Dansoman, adding that “Virus” had men who worked on the cars at a workshop.
The Court heard that the accused person led Police to the house and the workshop but could not find Virus. All efforts made by the Police to trace him have failed.
Latest Stories
-
Economy experience high but unbalanced growth from mid-2000 to 2022 debt crisis – Former 1st Deputy Governor
11 minutes -
Tell Your Story: Political, business and industry leaders to share journey with young Ghanaians
20 minutes -
‘Gold cannot save you at 2am’ – Obuobia Darko challenges mining giants to invest in healthcare
29 minutes -
Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
37 minutes -
Eurobond borrowings over 2007-2021 used for budget financing; Ghana borrowed US$15.59bn – Opoku-Afari
41 minutes -
Newborn baby found in dustbin at Kasoa Main Station toilet
47 minutes -
Ghanaian skincare brand KAEME wins DHL ESG Excellence Exporter of the Year award
1 hour -
Ho Communique: Democracy Not for Sale
2 hours -
National Health Insurance Levy Uncapped: The Game Changer
2 hours -
Akwatia MP accuses Minority of shifting GoldBod debate from facts to personal attacks
2 hours -
Gov’t to spend GH¢2.8bn on secondary infrastructure as Education Minister pushes foundational learning
2 hours -
This is the result of GoldBod activities – Akim Oda MP demand answers over $1.7bn loss
3 hours -
Photos: Sammy Gyamfi at Government Accountability Series
3 hours -
Ghana School of Law SRC President-elect petitions authorities for relief for referred students
3 hours -
Promasidor Ghana unveils Onga Mix Tomato Paste, names Diana Hamilton brand ambassador
3 hours