The Ghana Health Service (GHS), says one more life has been lost in the country’s fight against the deadly coronavirus disease.
GHS in its latest update noted that the total Covid-19 related deaths since Ghana recorded its first case in March 2020 stand at 1,158.
For active cases, a total of 2,696 have been recorded in all 16 regions in the country as of October 3.
Per the data provided by the Service on its website, out of the 2,696 active cases, some 119 are severe whereas 43 others are said to be critical.
The Greater Accra region recorded the most active cases. About 1,698 of the cases come from the region.
The Northern Region, however, has recorded one active case.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Health Service has recorded 82 new cases. Such cases have been on the decline per the past three previous updates from GHS.
Cumulatively, this brings the country’s total confirmed cases to 128,368. Out of this figure, 124,514 who tested positive for the virus have recovered and have been discharged from the health facilities.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders
- Minority fumes over Ofori-Atta’s absence during debate on 2023 Budget
- Northern Development Forum questions delay in construction of Pwalugu Multipurpose Dam
- Playback: PM Express discuss employment freeze in public sector
- Shut down market operations during fire safety education – Bureau of Public Safety Boss
- Kantamanto fire: We got intel about fire outbreak last week – Edward Atobrah
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Kantamanto Market fire is a big blow to us – Used Clothing Dealers Association