The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has refuted allegations that it is administering expired Covid-19 vaccines.
The Service says such claims are completely unfounded and the citizenry should ignore same.
Director General of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Patrick Kumah Aboagye made the denial at a press conference and explained that the Pfizer vaccine currently being administered has not expired.
The GHS boss stated the vaccine has a span of 15 months and not 12 as is being speculated.
“The current expiry for Pfizer is 15 months and not the12 months. This issue that we are administering the expired vaccine is not true,” he said.
Meanwhile, he also disclosed that his outfit will from Wednesday, December 14, re-embark on a massive vaccination ahead of the Yuletide.
According to him, this is aimed preventing outbreak of the virus after the season.
The exercise will last for five days, he added.
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- Parliamentary committee recommends passage of controversial Anti-LGBTQ bill
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Protect KNUST brand for sustainable growth – KNUST VC urges alumni
- Cash-and-carry’ identified as cause of inappropriate antibiotics use in rural communities – KHRC research
- Pete Edochie reacts to death of grandson
- Bawumia launches GRA’s E-Tax Compliance Certificate to facilitate revenue mobilisation
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We were told he’s busy – National Film Authority reacts to Spike Lee’s comments
- New James Bond story ‘On His Majesty’s Secret Service’ commissioned to celebrate King Charles’ coronation
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Gwyneth Paltrow awarded $1 and cleared of fault over ski crash
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Anny Osabutey: At what point do we call ourselves a sovereign nation?
- Absa Group announces net zero targets as part of Broader Sustainability/Sustainable Finance Goals
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Avoiding the new marketing myopia – returning marketing to its noble roots
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone accuses him of smuggling